Raw cakes are awesome. Full stop. Most of them are even beautiful. Sometimes its difficult to make the raw cake and expect the perfect easy-to-eat texture. But with this one, I nailed it! I think this Raw Raspberry Cheesecake not only tastes delicious, looks dreamy but also its so suitable for birthday, that nobody will be upset to have a healthy option for their birthdays! So Raw Birthday it is! 🙂 And the best bit about this cake – we were able to eat them with hands!
Raw Raspberry Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for at least an hour)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup melted honey
- 1 cup raspberries
- Blend almonds with dates and salt. Blend, until the mixture sticks together.
- Press the crust into the cake tin. Make sure you press more at the sides.
- Process all the filling ingredients except raspberries until very smooth, cheesy texture.
- Pour 2/3 of the the filling on top of the crust. Now add raspberries to the remaining filling and blend them until smooth.
- Carefully add the raspberry filling on top of the cashew filling.
- Place the cake to the freezer for an hour.
- Cut the cake and eat it 30 mins after you take out it from the freezer – it has an amazing texture to be even eaten with your hands!
If there are any leftovers (we finished it in less than 10mins!), keep them in the fridge 🙂
You can make this cheesecake with a variety of different flavours (strawberries, blueberries, mango, banana) – whatever you fancy! And can even make more layers! The perfect treat for any occasion!