If any of you ever tried Raffaello sweets (the coconut version of popular Fererro ‘Rocher’) – which is actually very popular in Eastern Europe – you will always remember that heavenly melting taste… My mum is such a huge fun of this desert, that every Mother’s Day we have gotten into habit buying a box of Raffaello (and she would pretty much finish it in no time at all!). But as this year I have decided to be healthy and have made so many healthy decides, there was no way I am buying Raffaello for Mother’s Day this year!
I have tried few recipes, using cashew nuts and raw curd cheese, but nothing was really working to reach the required taste and shape. Until my friend has posted the photo and recipe on Instagram with her version of this desert (Thanks again Ryte!)…
So here you go – something amazing, something delightful, something heavenly coconut-y!! 😀
- 4 tbsp raw coconut butter (make sure its slightly melted, as it comes very hard when you buy it – just leave for couple minutes in the room temperature)
- 1 cup coconut flakes + some for coating
- 15-20 almonds (its better to have the white ones without the skin – but even the skinned ones will taste good!)
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend the honey, cup of coconut flakes and coconut butter together until you reach very smooth texture.
- Shape the mixture into small balls and insert the almond in each one of them.
- Roll the balls into the reserved coconut flakes.
- Keep in the fridge if you don’t eat them at once 🙂
My coconut flakes didn’t stick very good, so maybe they didn’t look that beautiful as original ones. But the taste was awesome, very hard to resist! And if you must ask – my mum LOVED THEM!! 🙂